Sunday, July 04, 2010

Fire drills, "tiresome" discussion, and non-tainted memories!

Eric picked me up a little later than I was expecting, but that was okay since it gave me a little more time to get ready. We discussed a Portland band tune which somehow sounded familiar to me, whether I was crazy, the thing which wasn't really "on" being over anyway, Bible Study on Friday, the BBQ on Friday, his staying home because he was sick, fried chicken, theme songs, FINAL FANTASY, no DARKWING DUCK, my grammar going to SHIT when I'm really tired, and other things. The gas prices here and in Portland aren't even close to one another: 117.2 per litre here, as opposed to $2.83 a gallon over there! As I expected, Eric jaywalked when we got to church, so I was left waiting for the light with Edwin, his wife Jane, and his mom Auntie Susan. Auntie Susan told me that Steph had seen Karen a couple of days ago. I sat next to little Nathan, and asked him about his summer vacation: he's still only allowed to use the computer on weekends, and he thinks that sucks. Nathan and I were involved in a secret conspiracy to be lazy during handshaking time, haha - "let's not and say we did!" He occupied himself during service by making opera glasses / weapons / swords / bionic metal arms out of his bulletin. When Jon and Christon started the Communion line early, I decided to do the same thing since I was the only one in the pew who would! On our way back, Jon delayed me slightly by greeting Mr. Creep - UGH!

In the fellowship hall, I waved to Hien and told Mike that Pirate Facebook was the most amusing thing EVER! He's had it for a couple of years, and gets confused now when his friends tell him that they posted on his wall ("you mean, MY LITANY OF MISDEEDS?!") or commented on something. Said hi to Joey, who was explaining his latest Ultimate-related injury to Auntie Esther - maybe he WILL be like her son Chris, haha! Signed Ivan's birthday card, as well. I was going to say hi to Dylan, but he was near Mr. Creep - so were the kids Joshua and Keenan, but their dad Tim was right there with balloons... no worries! Told Harmony that things were "over even though they weren't ON in the first place" - she congratulated me in NO FIERY EXCHANGES, and said that maybe he was just busy since we haven't seen him in a while. Maybe... but at least I'll have the memories which won't be tainted! I also told Maxine about the lack of Sunday School materials, and said hi to Lee / Lily / Hannah / Gavin. Jon and Harmony returned my OUTLANDER book, and gave me some Colgate Total toothpaste / two thin notepads (winter / Christmas-themed) / 25 Christmas cards (of which 13 need envelopes) / one blank card / two postcards / a comb. Also said hi to Rich, Karen, Lincoln, and Emily Lam. (paintball, free jazz, weird music, wearing yellow, and the weather...)

Went upstairs to see Harrison (ROWDY!) / Amos (running around) / Conor / David / Evelyn / Ada / Ashley / Amanda / Ramen / Shira in Toddler Sunday School. Conor wasn't impressed with my dragon shirt which I wore just for him, but he did seem a bit subdued today. The older girls occupied themselves by drawing, and I'm happy to see that they understand more English now! When Auntie Bessy came to instruct them in the ways of the fire drill, they didn't really stay quiet! Auntie Ying said something about her Taiwan visitors being gone now, heh. Conor's brother Sean came in later, and they played with some spinning toys while trying to tell me that they were naked, or had taken a bath with clothes on. They left their Bible / Awana handbooks / Sunday School material behind, so I dutifully stowed it with my stuff. Not to say that Auntie Ying / Jessie / Rachel's grandma wouldn't have recognized the items and took them for their own safekeeping, but it's still good that I have them! Maybe I will call Auntie Ying to see what Conor and Sean's phone number is - that way, they know I have the stuff if I call them in turn.

I went downstairs to find Eric, Jen, Randal, Christon, Jon, and Harmony standing around - apparently, they were going to the Jazz Festival at Yaletown. Since Eric was going home and my bag was heavier than it was this morning (no car to put it in?), I opted to just go back to Richmond. Besides, I definitely didn't have much sleep last night... time for a much-needed nap when I finish this! On the way to the car, we saw Grace and Cindy coming back from the Westfalia van! Eric and I discussed "tiresome" stuff, Mr. Creep, #3 / Alderbridge, fires, WORLD OF WARCRAFT battles, showers, whether I was drunk since I was quite adamant about things (I do NOT have a mickey in a flask right before Sunday School!), sightings of the Virgin Mary on a cracker, Canucks signings, Geoffrey, his turning into my mother in that he jokingly thought every guy I brought up was a potential love interest, Martin, Replicants, LOTR and vuvuzelas, my money, his "Mike Tyson" voice, THE FINAL COUNTDOWN, snacks for Friday, modern crusades, being back to work tomorrow, and more. Should be interesting times this week, perhaps...

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home