Sunday, July 04, 2010

Carving dreams of Ziploc bags and a notebook from Dave / Red, white, or blue

High-scoring words of the morning:

CARVED (126 points) - against Sheila F. [two 3W]
SHADOWY (283 points) - against Shannon C. [two 4W, hook off UT to make HUT]


Had a weird dream where a bunch of my friends got together to give me a surprise party. They'd hidden some of my presents in a store, so I had to seek them out with the clues I was given. Christon and Auntie Rebecca thought that the cheese section would be a good place to hide some baubles, and they were right - I almost missed them, but for a random customer exclaiming about the jewelry that was somehow in the cheese display! Finally, I'd gathered everything except one item: Dave Wong looked disappointed, as that was his! He told me to look more closely at the stationery section; in this store, that section (like the others) was huge! I finally spotted a black notebook which looked a bit out of place. When I opened it to confirm that this was Dave's gift, I saw a long letter he'd written me, plus lots of inscriptions and information from past friends whom he could NOT have known! (Geoff, Michelle, Rob...)

Dave grinned, and said that I had indeed found it... PERFECT GIFT! Phil said that it would have been easier to find if it had been with the Ziploc bags - so true, and I would NOT have had to ask for help in finding the plastic bags! "Nobody has to do THAT, unless they're an idiot!" After we'd stowed the gifts in a safe place, we were summoned to help in laying siege to a castle with recalcitrant soldiers. To do this, we all shrank down to the size of an ordinary mouse, and assailed the ramparts with our own special brand of mayhem! We sawed open the doors from the inside, we backed up into shadows and bravely fought tanks, we impaled our enemies from on high, and played keepaway with the surly guards' helmets! Then I woke up - no idea why I had the dream.




You Are Blue



You are a highly tolerant and peaceful person. You have a lot of compassion and respect for people.

You love that the USA is a country with many different people. You may not agree with what everyone believes, but you agree with their right to believe it.



You look for the common bonds that Americans share. You'd rather unite people than divide them.

You'd like to see more understanding and less fighting. You find it hard to stomach politics.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home