Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Fairly fresh blood in elevators, and useless history... yes!

I got up from a dream of Billie and me trying to find our way to my brother's wedding in a crowd of thousands for a conference, had some pasta, and rushed out the door after packing some water to go along with my book. Was thinking that it wasn't a frugal use of time to go AGAIN to the Vancouver General Hospital area for only maybe half an hour when it took me a long time to get there (not to mention the invariable getting LOST), but I figured I'd be happy if I didn't have to go back there anytime soon. Was determined to make this appointment, though - and I did, albeit fifteen minutes late because I was trying to find the building. Since it was hot, I did not find myself in an even temper. I contemplated yelling at people because the building was so hard to find in a confusing layout, but I eventually got there. Also saw fairly fresh blood in an elevator, so that was one YAY FOR MORBIDITY right there! (and people in the Vancouver LJ community thought I was retarded for saying that I'd wished I lived near the scene of a stabbing / screaming match last night... CHEH!)

The doctor told me what I could have figured out myself: that my eardrum appeared to have healed just fine. Yeah, I thought so since I hadn't been having any trouble lately! Then I had to have a hearing test just in case; I found myself thinking of Maxine, who does stuff related to this at her work! When the doctor said something about my going back there for a follow-up, I was proactive and asked if I could do this in Richmond. Luckily, he said I could - oh good, it could be easier to find, and save me some time! I was a bit confused heading back to familiar streets, but got on the right bus to Broadway at least. Decided to spend some time in Chapters, and renewed my membership while looking at the Ian Crofton book of useless history. Wanted to get a journal since my red-and-black bag didn't have one (handy for jotting down notes to self while I'm out), but I decided to wait on that till I'd searched my room at home for any I could use. I actually found a few spiral school notebooks that my mom had given me earlier, so that also saved money. Glad I'm home, though!


Leslie just took the Are You Lazy Quiz and is A Little Lazy. I am A Little Lazy. You are a little lazy, but that's okay. It doesn't hurt to kick back and relax every once in a while. Just be careful you don't slack off too much and become full-on lazy... your house might start to smell.

Leslie just took the Are You A Redneck Quiz and is Not A Redneck. I am Not A Redneck. You are not a redneck. This may come as good news to you, unless of course you were hoping you were a redneck.

Leslie's just got their Cowboy Name. I just got my Cowboy Name. It's Grace "Wild-Man" Baker.

Leslie's just got their Roman Name. I just got my Roman Name. It's Jocunda Lucretia.

Leslie took the Which Jon and Kate plus 8 character are you? quiz and the result is Joel. You keep to yourself most of the time, and are normally under the radar.

Facebook quizzes taken from Darren, Jamie, and Morgana:

Leslie took the What animal are you? quiz and the result is fish. You are calm, sweet, and generous. You have lots of friends, and people look up to you.

Leslie completed the quiz "Which Vodou lwa are you?" with the result You're La Siren. Ever realised you'd gotten so deep into the realm of dreamland that you'd missed an entire conversation, and had to back-track? I thought so, you mermaid person, you! La Sirens are not of this world. Like the other wild artists of your community, you live on the fringe in some way, whether geographically or mentally. Some people think you're an artistic genius, and others just think you're rude... the point is, you don't care.

Leslie just took the "What Fantasy Race are You?" quiz and the result is surface drow. You, my friend, have seen the errors of your race, and foresaken your homeland in search of where you really belong. Keep searching, and keep to the good path. One day, your efforts will be rewarded.





You Feel Like Autumn



You have reached a point in your life where you feel successful and accomplished.

You have a full, bountiful life. And you're ready to sit back and enjoy it.



While you feel like you finally have enough in your life, you may find that you also have things you no longer need.

This is a time for you to reassess who you are, what you need, and where you want to go next in your life.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home