Sunday, August 03, 2008

Irrational upset / June-July 2008 BBT Tally / 544-point words!

Okay, this new "random game / rules" feature on Wordscraper could work out in my favor... and it could do the reverse, as well. I just got 544 points on a single word (MAZED) - sorry, Raymond! Guess it was a combo of two quadruple-word scores and a double-word score! That makes the first time I've broken the 500-point barrier! (Brian P. added me to Facebook, too)

I just took some garbage out, and noticed three new beef noodle bowls (no MSG) sitting on top of one of the recycling boxes. Hey, your loss / craziness is my gain! :D

On the way to church this morning, my dad and brother discussed wedding planning and guest lists. Jon was at a wedding yesterday which had eight bridesmaids and eight groomsmen! (Vernon and Sarah's wedding had "only" six each) Dad said that young people nowadays want everything their way since it's "their day" (wow, triple rhyme!), but that can cause embarrassment to the parents; true, I guess! I noticed a cute stuffed animal and a "Baby Boy" card - Grandma said that Auntie Kwai's son (not sure if it's Wilson or his brother) had a baby boy; cool stuff! Speaking of babies, Tilia had her first kid a while ago - must say something to Auntie Anna when I see her next!

Talked to Mei Lin and Christon about summer and work, then sat between Raymond and Jeremy. Raymond discussed grad banquet and the missions trip: Buddhists at a Christian food bank?! (five hours of sleep a night because of loud leadership training - jumping included - on another floor?!) At least the arts and crafts were good, but he couldn't really say the same about the hip-hop class. The kids love dancing, but the song choices were a bit inappropriate! (Britney Spears' HIT ME BABY ONE MORE TIME, Justin Timberlake's SEXY BACK, etc.) Cindy sent us her perspective via email (coincidence and prayer!), but I talked to her student Roy again - cute kid! We were amused by Pastor Edward's slip-ups, and Jeremy joked that he'd had too much Communion wine. It's not really wine; it's just grape juice!

There was no adult Sunday School (simplified notice to one-liner!), so everyone milled around the back parking lot. I paid money to Grace, and said hi to Frances / Micah / John / Sophia / Olivia / Anne / Auntie Fonda / Eric W. / Arthur / Fidela / others. Quan had some grapes, so a bunch of us took a few. Jon invited her and Isabel to tomorrow's dinner, which now has a venue - CHRISTON'S PLACE WITH A SQUILLION TRINKETS! (all Raymond knows is that it has a wheelchair ramp) Calla, Johnny, Jeremy, Dylan, and others were discussing a beach outing: let's hope they bring sunscreen! Jeremy joked that Calla could give Johnny's grad banquet payment to me since Lesley wasn't around - Calla isn't a grad banquet person, she says. Johnny and Calla both had their swimsuits, which led to another Janzen joke: swimsuits are always appropriate church wear, hahaha! Went home with Eric, which was all right as usual.

I was irrationally upset earlier over Citrus, video games, driving me, and other things. Not doing a good job of convincing people that things aren't all about me! I don't deserve their making it up to me with a movie after 8, but I'll take it - I apologized for my earlier actions. Someone still loves me, at any rate. :)


MONTHLY BUBBLE TEA TALLY, JUNE 2008 (3)

lychee-Chinese pear @ Dragon Ball (Tuesday, June 17)
pomegranate @ Tazza (free; Saturday, June 21)
grape @ Tri-Ty (Wednesday, June 25)


MONTHLY BUBBLE TEA TALLY, JULY 2008 (2)

lychee @ Tri-Ty (Sunday, July 13)
mango @ Tri-Ty (Wednesday, July 16)

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home