Monday, December 18, 2006

Half-open mail, last-minute stuff to buy / send out, Eric Ho and Fay, 2006 survey

What the heck is it with me receiving mail, and having it be practically half-open when it gets here?! Man, I hate that! I got cards from Steve and Carol (very surprising), Candy, Kristin (wyldkyss), Jenessa (cuteapple), and Marilynn (_angel_of_nite_) today. Candy included some shiny stickers of hearts and happy faces: I can tell you right now that those things are getting USED UP on the cards and such I've already received this year! Thanks! Marilynn included a cool photo and a poem... so cool. :D

I need to go out to the mall sometime today or tomorrow and mail a few items. Maybe after Wednesday, heh. Speaking of stickers, I need to get those... plus those foil cards if those are still there at Carlton's. Those shiny teddy bear stickers that I got from Awana the night of my brother's birthday celebration (snow! Jeremy! Dennis! the Whip and Ethiopian food!) are almost all used up now... I still don't know whose toy rat that is, but I'm keeping it! (temporarily?)

Eric Ho is alive! He's been busy helping Fay settle in (she got here in early December), and is shopping for good cellphone deals. So now I'm updating him on what I know of Jon's situation with Harmony, haha. He can bug him while giving him advice, for sure! :P


2006 Survey: Moments of the year, assessing behavior, etc.

1. Was 2006 a good year for you? Why? It started out badly (losing three people whom I thought were friends in the space of a month?), but I think it will end on a cautiously positive note. It was okay, since I made some new friends and got to see certain things I wouldn't have otherwise.

2. What was your favorite moment of the year? The time we went to eat siu long bao at Shanghai Wind and ate 21 steamers for 9 people! (really 7 since Ceci and Angela didn't eat that much... Vivian S. is automatically excluded since she's Jewish and doesn't eat pork)

3. What was your least favorite moment of the year? When certain things happened to my bank account and my bus pass (application). :(

4. Where were you when 2006 began? At the Morrill residence.

5. Who were you with? Eric, Kieran, my brother Jon, and probably Alistair.

6. Where will you be when 2006 ends? I have no idea... maybe out with friends?

7. Who will you be with when 2006 ends? Friends or family, most probably.

8. Did you keep your New Year's Resolutions of 2006? I didn't make any... easier not to break 'em that way. ;)

9. Do you have (a) New Year's Resolution(s) for 2007? Saving money.

10. Did you fall in love in 2006? Not really.

11. If yes, with who? N/A.

12. If yes, do they know? N/A.

13. Are you still in love with them? N/A.

14. You regret it? N/A.

15. Did you break up with anyone in 2006? No.

16. Did you make any new friends in 2006? Yes, and they're mostly cool.

17. Who are your favorite new friends? Dallas, Jamie W., Teunis, Benny, Ryan (museirain), and Jesse.

18. What was your favorite month of 2006? August.

19. Did you travel outside of your country of residence in 2006? Yes, I went to the States with my family just before Grandma came back from Hong Kong in October.

20. How many different states / provinces did you travel to in 2006? BC (where I live) and Seattle. Boy, I don't travel much...

21. Did you lose anybody close to you in 2006? Upon reflection... nope. :P

22. Did you miss anybody in the past year? GJ Jeremy, Tracy (in Ohio), and Irene.

23. What was your favorite movie that you saw in 2006? Pirates of the Caribbean 2, thanks to Eric H.

24. What was your favorite song from 2006? Bob Dylan's Someday Baby.

25. What was your favorite record from 2006? I don't know that I got any music from this year...

26. How many concerts did you see in 2006? I don't think the live music at the Night Market counted as one since we just passed by it, so none.

27. Did you have a favorite concert in 2006? No.

28. Did you drink a lot of alcohol in 2006? No, just the occasional beer and such when out with friends.

29. Did you do a lot of drugs in 2006? I don't do drugs.

30. How many people did you sleep with in 2006? None.

31. Did you do anything you are ashamed of this year? I probably should have called my grandma more often than I did / do, but I can't really think of anything TERRIBLE! So, no.

33. What was the worst lie someone told you in 2006? "She's NOT coming! .... oh wait. Yes, she is!" DAMN YOU!

34. Did you treat somebody badly in 2006? I don't THINK so, but people may beg to differ on that one. :P

35. Did somebody treat you badly in 2006? "Our e-friendship is over because you posted our IM conversations to the internet! OMG NO!" "I'm gonna continue saying how good polyamory is, even if you disagree with it!"

36. How much money did you spend in 2006? Probably still a bit too much for my own good.

37. What was your proudest moment of 2006? Maintaining certain friendships.

38. What was your most embarrassing moment of 2006? Not having enough money on my own to pay for certain things.

39. If you could go back in time to any moment of 2006 and change something, what would it be? Can't think of anything I'd want to change... but that doesn't mean I'd like the year to be unchanged. Just that I can't think of stuff right now!

40. What are your plans for 2007? Ready for this? Thanks to Jeremy's encouragement, I *might* start contributing more in Bible Study. Then again, we've only had two meetings so far with the new groups, so who knows. At least I'm comfortable with them... but who puts siblings together in the same small group?! *shakes head*

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home