Sunday, December 17, 2006

Gwyneth wants me to come over for dinner... awwww!

Ah, things are much better now that I've left a certain community. I said what I needed to say, and ALMOST added "get a sense of humor," but didn't. Or maybe I did and I forgot... oh well. I'm done with that phase now. I trust my own judgment in choosing other communities to join, and I'm sure Eric H. does too! I'll have to email that dude sometime, heh. Maybe when I finish this entry... there were replies in my inbox along the lines of "Hurricane Durian shouldn't be joked about," but I'm not going to read them! At least it was the NAME and not the actual circumstances... I'd never laugh about the latter! :P

On the way to church, I gave the Boredoms' Pop Tatari back to Jon. It had been a long time since he had heard it, so he put it in for a bit. Steph thought that he should play it for Grandma, since we already know that Mom would think it's terrible! We don't think Grandma would be too impressed either, but that's part of the amusement! That reminds me: I should also return the Apologetix CD Ticked to him before he realizes that I've had it for a couple years now too! (after I do the Audiograbber thing to it first, of course!) Alan and Liz were coming from Abbotsford since it's easier to do that with their rented car.

I was going to ask Citrus about my computer issues, but forgot. Also saw Randal in the back, but I didn't say hi to him. Worship was pretty good, but it better be excellent next week with Christmas Eve and all, heh. Went around to the back afterwards to see what was up for later. Steph excitedly told Karen Lew and Christon that she had the car for Saturday, and then texted Jason Lau about it too. Parents don't understand even if Steph's just been to the States... it's fun bonding time! My dad told me later that she was being bad since she was skipping out on (helping with) "Get To Know Harmony and Welcome Her Day"... whatever! I wanted to sign up for Friday's dinner, but I wasn't sure if Eric was going or not... maybe I'll sort it out tonight!

Alan and Liz told us that they almost died in Whistler since it was dark and they couldn't see an incline in the ski hill. Then there was the windstorm that knocked down a lot of trees, so they couldn't really go to Stanley Park. They'll soon think that we can't handle anything in this city: things shut down when we have rain, snow, OR wind! Steph confirmed that there was SLB at Shanghai Wind tonight sometime, probably when Jon buses back from Tsawwasen and helping his friend with songs there! Talked to Jen for a bit, and learned that Jeremy was totally in for SLB: yay for friendly seatmates! (referring to the church dynamic, heh)

After Sunday School (Vania gave me a Christmas card!), I talked to the guys for a bit before they went to play Christon's Wii at Nathan's. Nate was impatient for Eric to show up with bongos because Christon only had a limited time. Tony said he was going to eat alone, but not sushi. (I agree: it's not good to eat it alone for the price unless you absolutely have to) After talking about reverse evangelism (dating a Christian and such), Eric finally showed up. I managed to ask him whether he was going to the ESC Christmas celebration dinner and whether he could pick me up. He is, and assumes he can especially since he's not working on Friday. Cool with me! Maybe he'll be there at SLB tonight, too... heh.

Later, I talked to little Gwyneth for a while. She likes my Santa hat, and wondered why I wasn't at her house for dinner yesterday. I told her that Henry had driven me home after Awana, and asked if she wanted me over for dinner: she does. Cute kid, even if she does want me to make Christmas presents for her / her sister / her mom! I talked to little Rosanna for a bit, too. They wondered why I was waiting for my dad and grandma: free lunch, haha. We went to Pho (twice in a weekend for me) before getting takeout at Kent's Kitchen and going home. I don't think I'll be at the "Harmony Day" thing, since I am going to enjoy my Awana break at home! But I guess we'll see... speaking of SLB, Corey is now maligning the literal translation of "little dragon balls / buns." Aiya...

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home