Sunday, June 26, 2005

Should I go for the church choir thing? / Punk rock goddess / Sleater-Kinney album

Jon and I went to church early because he had to finalize worship with Chris. He led worship pretty well, even if Nathan did have to remind him to bring out the plate for the collected offering! The Powerpoint worked well... no mishaps or technological difficulties like last week! Being the person he is, Jon injected some humor into it: "Kids who are in Grade 6 and under, don't leave before you get your Take It To Heart pins!" and "At first, I thought P.C. meant President's Choice. But I won't spoil the sermon... Auntie Rebecca can tell you what it means instead!"

Jen asked me where Dawn was: I know she recently went to San Diego, but she should be back by now! Eric's feeling better, and asked if I'd been up to much craziness lately: not really. Maybe I'll tell him about the banquet when I see him next! Frances got home at 2 AM yesterday: cleaning up / transportation of gifts takes a LONG time! Jon told me that he was helping with some Timothy guys camp next weekend, so wouldn't go to the Spanish Banks BBQ... guess I'll see what Eric's doing! Odds are that he'll go there straight from work, which will either leave me with finding another ride or staying home altogether... I'm used to it, haha.

Phil, Jon, Dylan, Citrus, Danielle, Vanessa, Emily, Clement, his friend Jocelyn, and I all went to Pho for lunch; we discussed the jazz festival, worship, the church Christmas choir, Fellowship vision, spirituality, compartmentalization, Steph's interview, etc. Jocelyn actually grew up in Richmond and lives close to me, much to the delight of me and my brother. We kinda made tentative plans later this week to hang out at the Steveston restaurant where she works. She interns in Langley: it takes 45 minutes to get to her NowTV intern job, but a good part of that is traffic. Guess we have a benchmark for Summer Conference at Trinity in two weeks, heh. For Danielle's edification, we retold the story of how Jackie broke Daniel's glasses playing Spoons a few years ago: yes, they were titanium glasses that she broke while going for the last spoon! (and making his nose bleed in the process!) This Summer Conference will be good if we can get beyond the stresses of registration / three talks by Bruce Waltke / not much free time / only 90 minutes' gym time... Big Two / Bum / card game tournaments, here we come! It's been a long time since we had one of those: maybe the last big conference in 2000.

After that, I went back to the church as my mom had a meeting... I talked to Stella and Billy about life before they left. I went downstairs and played with the kids for a bit. Julie was helping with the little ones: Samantha, Rosanna, Christopher, Nathan, Janis, Irene, Ryan, and Ethan. Maybe I should help with the kids at Summer Con, though I think it's too late to get in on it. Then again, I should sing the HALLELUJAH CHORUS at Christmas with the other church people... I told Phil that I'd think about it! Ah well, it was a blessed day... even if I *am* approximately a full day behind on catching up! There are other more important things to focus on, heh.


Kathleen hanna
You are Kathleen Hanna. You are observant and aware. You are concerned and as nice as can be. You'll do anything to make a statement, and aren't afraid to talk about issues that other people ignore. You've had some issues, but music is your therapy.


Which punk rock goddess are you?
brought to you by Quizilla


Dig Me Out
You're Dig Me Out. You really love love, and you believe that the perfect person does exist for you. You know when to remain calm, but if you feel like it, you can be quite loud and energetic. You're a lot of fun to be around, and people never get tired of you.


Which Sleater-Kinney Album Are You?
brought to you by Quizilla

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home