Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Tickets for anniversary celebration, inviting white Eric, Chinese New Year stuff, webcams / barking

Just got off the phone with my friend Lily, who's in charge of the Fellowship tickets for the church's 30th anniversary celebration on March 5 at Floata. Tickets are going fast, especially since I missed all the hype leading up to it a couple weeks ago. Luckily, I managed to get a ticket from her.. I'll pay her for it when I see her this weekend.

I also called white Eric, because I told Chinese Eric that I would last night. Asked Eric M. if he was free for Monday, and he should be able to make it. Explained the concept to him, and he asked if it was just me and Eric H. No, we're very open to inviting others too! We're not like certain couples who are wrapped up in each other 24/7... even if we're not a couple, I still think the analogy fits for these purposes! :D

He wished me a Happy Chinese New Year (which meant more than someone else's wish, haha), and said that his work had gone out to lunch at Kingspark Seafood House today to celebrate. They'd had dim sum, but it was better than at the Golden Phoenix (the restaurant near our church).. it was cleaner, and it wasn't quite as stressful crazy. I told him that it was his year (the year of the Rooster), as if he didn't know that already. Eric told me of the triple benefit that the lunch was: his work paid for it, the lunch was two hours long, and they all got some lucky money in red envelopes! Even if parking was a pain, I'd say that it was well worth that trouble. :D

Then he asked if my Fellowship program was at the church, since their group is going to Fraser Lands (another church) to do something. I thought it probably was, but I'll get back to him on that later.. plus ask if he got a ticket yet. At least I now have something to tell Chinese Eric if he asks whether anyone else is coming!

Also received some news this morning that isn't technically mine to share.. but apparently it's a certain someone's destiny. (ministry?) We'll see on that one... man, I'm too cynical these days. Don't know what's with me.


Now Corey's trying to convince me to get a webcam since he likes seeing reactions to his nonsense. I don't know about that, but at least he solved the mystery of my Trillian barking at me.. Amy has a dog icon in her MSN name [ (&) ], and that's probably triggering the barks. The infamous "toilet icon" doesn't make a sound, though. Probably better that way, or I'd be hearing toilet flushes from my computer once Corey knew about it... *laugh*

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home