Saturday, June 07, 2003

Posting from the church office... Frances and Mel's wedding

I'm currently posting this from the church office again.. just like last week. The Awana kids are rehearsing right now for their Awards Night ceremony, where they'll get to present songs to their parents and families. (which leaves me with nothing to do as a secretary) They sound nice (good and loud, anyways), at any rate.

Frances and Mel's wedding was nice.. had elements of the Roman Catholic service in it. (thankfully, it wasn't the full service, which could be over three hours!) Snuck a look at the missal during the homily / message.. looked different and somewhat interesting. (but no.. I am not going to convert to Catholicism just coz of that.. no worries) Talked to a bunch of people as usual.. even saw Minli, which was nice since I hadn't seen her in a while. It was so hot out today too.. the high's supposed to be 31° C, and I bet it was close to that this afternoon. Saw Lauren and Warren, who just got back a few days ago from Paris and Rome.. they're still jet-lagged, but all right.. they even have a lot of pictures. (Lauren got sick at the very end, though)

I'll get to go to the banquet later.. woohoo! The Terminal City Club has nice chairs, or so we heard from Frances a while ago. (Jon kinda confirmed this, since he had to play there once some time ago) My sister thinks I'll indulge some of my latent alcoholic tendencies, and drink a lot. I don't think I will, but we'll see. Good times ahead, for sure.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home