Friday, February 26, 2010

Assigned seating in Taiwanese movie theatres?

[00:43:32] AlenaBrolxFlami: I'm watching the Canada-USA women's game now... but I already know the result
[01:03:28] mrptptpt: aren't they delaying all the broadcasts on the West Coast for some reason, despite that being the local timezone of the events? that seems pretty dumb
[01:04:21] AlenaBrolxFlami: yeah, I think that's what NBC did from the opening ceremonies onwards... luckily, I have CTV
[01:04:47] mrptptpt: I have Z TV! well, it's just a Z, actually
[01:05:15] mrptptpt: but that channel has Japanese pro wrestling and sometimes real fighting pretty much every night!
[01:07:27] mrptptpt: great for falling asleep to since I don't really care about it and there's no storyline to follow, so I can have something on without really paying much attention to it, plus I don't really need to understand much :P they have short interviews backstage with a wrestler after the match, but generally it's wrestling matches only, nothing in between. as soon as one ends, it's maybe a short interview (30 seconds), and it goes directly to the opening bell of the next match :P
[01:34:51] AlenaBrolxFlami: okay, why didn't I get those messages? or at least, the window didn't blink :P
[01:35:11] AlenaBrolxFlami: hahaha... sounds really like your thing
[01:54:22] mrptptpt: there's plenty of English movies on TV too, so there's usually things to watch. the English things just have Chinese subtitles. same as movies in the theaters here
[01:54:38] mrptptpt: they have assigned seats in theaters here, which is sort of weird. I assume Canada is the same as the US where you just sit wherever you want to
[02:01:32] AlenaBrolxFlami: yeah, here you sit wherever you want
[02:01:58] AlenaBrolxFlami: assigned seating? how does that work? you get a ticket, and they show you to your seat?
[02:13:20] mrptptpt: no, you just go sit there... I guess they're numbered, but I didn't really notice, I just sat wherever the other people pointed me to :P
[02:14:00] AlenaBrolxFlami: oh, okay... still kinda weird
[02:14:03] mrptptpt: but they have people at the door to each theater (like the actual theater you watch the movie in, not the whole place), and they come in and say something before the movie, and they take your ticket and stuff
[02:14:29] mrptptpt: at ours, they kind of have that person, but it's one for the whole place... and they just say "okay, it's over there in theater 6" or whatever
[02:14:59] mrptptpt: here, you get that information when you buy the tickets... and I think it's on the ticket, then you go to that specific theater to wait until they let people in

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home