Friday, March 06, 2009

"Is Eric Jewish? He has a big Jewish nose..."

I went to the mall in the afternoon, and decided to treat myself to Tuscan Chicken Pasta from White Spot (an old relationship memory) / Philippine dried mango (got one for Corey too) / satay beef jerky / spicy Szechuan beef jerky / extra hot five spices beef jerky ($4 a bag, and $11 for three at Yuen Shing) / three "Four Cheeses" Pringles chips / one Reduced Fat Original Pringles chips (on sale for $1.50 at Shoppers, which I didn't notice till I paid for stuff) / some tape. Filling out the customs form at the post office (because I had to mail Bridge Mixture / Rockets / Smarties / Christmas bells / a birthday card / heart stickers to Corey) took more time than I'd anticipated, so I called Eric to make sure he knew that I was running late. At least, I thought I'd called him... I must have dialed the wrong number, thereby wasting a quarter at the pay phone! To top it off, I caught myself walking to the WRONG BUS STOP when I was late already - good job! Didn't help that my original bus was late, either! Yes, I am officially losing it.

When I got to the usual intersection, I rushed to Eric's car from the bus stop, and breathlessly told him what had happened. He said that it was a good thing he was 22 minutes late since I was 27 minutes late - when I got home, I found that he'd called me a few minutes before I actually showed up. We talked about people being tied up, kidnappings, the nine-year-old who was pregnant with twins, sports, the food person for tonight's meeting (neither of us, I thought), random things, Bridge Mixture (NOT from the river!), whether Corey could just buy chocolate in Colorado, and more. Since he doesn't know what that is, I'm going to have to buy another package to show him at least, because he can't eat it. There were no annoying clumps of grass when we parked across the street from the church, thank goodness. Eric had left his cellphone inside the car, which was bad since we were stuck outside the church! Clara came up to me while Eric was getting it from the car; she called Auntie Rebecca (who wasn't there), and then Raymond - he opened the door just in time for Eric to show up.

I got a seat by Sheena, since I couldn't sit by Raymond or Jeremy because a certain other person was there! (I noticed Alan talking to him a lot - BAD!) Johnny was into a discussion about meeting people at Chapters - that might work. Dylan was talking about Deb a lot, heh. I gave Martin his birthday card, which he thanked me for. Talked to Sheena, Vivian, Jen, and Teresa about plants and gardens / St. Patrick's Day / the impending snow: the tables seemed to be split by gender, yikes. Jon came into the WARM fellowship hall later to chat: he asked what kind of program we were having tonight, and I said that we were having an AGM. He looked at everyone eating Chinese food from Kent's Kitchen and drinks / oatmeal raisin / chocolate chip cookies from Safeway (thanks to Kevin), and remarked that we had a good turnout. I joked that we had drawn everyone in with the dinner, and he said that we had manipulated people. Hahaha, maybe so!

He later said he was going to an all-night prayer vigil at Regent, and I asked if he were going to stay up all night as he had during previous editions of the vigil... once, he stayed up till 6 AM! Well, he COULD, but it wouldn't be a good idea since he has to teach tomorrow morning at 11 or so! My sister dropped in a few minutes later, so I seized the opportunity to tell her that she was weird. Apparently, her response of "You should see the OTHER videos I have of you! I'll put them up!" was QUITE intriguing to the girls - oh no! I guess at least it's not Youtube, but still. (I've checked the videos she's put up: me snorting on the Alaska cruise, me play-fighting with my brother in our stateroom, and Mom working it with a hula-hoop at home!)

The AGM went okay, even if certain people did want to discuss things. I don't know why I ever LIKED the person in the first place, but that means I'm over him. If certain other events (my ex constantly telling me bad stuff about him) didn't happen, I'm sure it would have come to pass anyhow. Finally got a chance to talk to Raymond about JACK BAUER (let's Taser the phone while contravening presidential orders and almost killing someone by torture!), not understanding certain things, characters being shady, his busy no-fun week of DRUDGE, getting on Facebook at lunch since he didn't want Sam to think he didn't want to be FB friends with him, Joey getting him into Mafia Wars (yup, I know that game), money, and more. It was cool, even if I did have to tap him on the shoulder. Jeremy told various people about the beer and cheese night: Vivian thought Jen said the cheese was sweet, when she was really referring to the beer! I thanked Kevin for bringing the food, while Vivian earmarked the leftover cookies for tomorrow's meeting and Sunday School.

Some people clustered around Vivian's laptop to watch Beyonce Knowles perform with Hugh Jackman at the Oscars - someone else thought it was a recording, but was corrected: it was YOUTUBE! Let's just say Beyonce shouldn't do Etta James stuff at all since she doesn't have the right kind of voice for it. Alan took the leftover food home, which I was glad to see. Talked to Danielle about her busy life (Denver! Regina! dissertation!) before she simply HAD to go home and sleep - she apologized to Cindy and Vanessa, but I don't think it was a big deal to them. Cindy ranted (for her) about the Vancouver School Board's name change to be like Calgary - why spend all those tax dollars on changing it everywhere when you could pump it into the hot lunch program that all her students need?!

Made sure that Eric got gas on the way home - no, we didn't have to wait for Jon to get back from Regent, and my sister's working! Talked about fighting monsters, some guy who took FIVE MINUTES to fill up his van with 60L of gas (the tank was slow, but we still got IMPATIENT!), skating, spending time with people, falling on your butt, ice, and other things. I had a rant of my own about Dylan pushing back our meeting, and then not being able to make our re-scheduled one tomorrow since he and Deb have to go taste food. *sigh* Methinks I should remind them that I have to leave before 3:50 tomorrow so I can go to Awana right after the meeting, but they'll know soon enough. Hehehe. :D


Here are a few bits of hilarity to end this entry, from the "different" woman Teresa:

1. "Are you sure you're all Chinese? You're so good-looking! ... do you think people will know that your ancestors [we thought she said INCEST] were mixed?" (to Andrea... she and I shared an amused look)

2. "My cell phone is STOLEN! There was this new girl Susan in the drumming class, and she was sitting right by my purse. I tried to get her away, but she wouldn't move. Now I can't find my cell phone... I think she took it!" (repeated a LOT for 15 minutes straight; she eventually found it when it rang halfway through the meeting)

3. "Is Eric's last name really Li? I thought that was a Chinese last name. What's his last name? Is Eric Jewish? He has a big Jewish nose... what about Jeremy? What's HIS last name?" (sparked by an error on Dylan's Powerpoint... Andrea, Connie, and I just shared amusement over those comments!)

I also like the new sign in the washroom: "Please do not wash kitchen utensils here!" Well, we have no kitchen for now, so I dunno where else we're supposed to wash 'em!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home