Thursday, June 02, 2005

This is how alcohol affects me...

This is how alcohol affects me...

I was thinking about this just now, while remembering 06.13.2002. It was a very busy day that involved going to Susan and Anderson's wedding / banquet, plus a grad banquet afterparty. At the banquet, I had two glasses of wine (plus lots of soft drinks). Now, I know that Asian people have less tolerance for alcohol than, say, Caucasians. My sister tried to explain this to me once, but I don't remember what she said.

On the way to the grad afterparty from the wedding banquet, I could feel my face getting really flushed... I didn't think it wasn't totally red! My sister said it wasn't obvious, which is good. (she had three or four glasses of wine) The three of us were in the car, and I could feel the alcohol working its magic in me.

I laughed maniacally (probably louder than usual, too), had my very fake British / Australian / whatever accent become more pronounced, commanded traffic lights to turn green, and made up totally inappropriate song lyric parodies to whatever was on the radio at the time. (mostly involving booty, poop, and all that really immature stuff :P)

Of course, I didn't do any of this stuff at the afterparty, but instead was maybe a bit louder than usual. (which still isn't a match for my sister) My voice was kinda scratchy, too.. as if I hadn't used it in a while. (especially the morning after when I was trying to phone somebody)

I should add that I don't drink all that often, and the last time I did, I remember getting very tongue-tied. (I was searching for the right word to say, as well)

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home