Sunday, December 19, 2004

Negativity, unexpected gifts, Awana presentation, bonding time

After the past 18 hours or so, I've decided I can SO do without my mom's bringing up all my past misdemeanors as if they were still very current and applicable. I know that I have to watch this tendency in myself, and it's a battle sometimes, but I'm trying not to be so negative and hurtful. There were times when I felt like telling her off, but knew that wouldn't help. This has been an exercise in keeping my mouth firmly shut. :P

I gave out gifts and cards to a few people today, and got an unexpected present myself from Rosanna at the toddler Sunday School that I help with. That was a very nice surprise.. I'll definitely wait till Saturday to find out what it is! I think I'll get her something in return.. she IS a Christmas baby, after all. (there are / were six church Christmas babies: Joe, Tony, Chung Yan, Juliana, Steven, and Rosanna)

The Awana kids were supposed to present a few songs today in service, but only eight showed up! All the leaders felt like a choir standing behind the kids, who weren't exactly very loud since only one or two really sang. Of course, we didn't want to overpower the kids either.. it was very interesting. ;)

Jon and I talked to a bunch of our friends today.. most of them asked him the same questions over and over, but that's par for the course. He's going to be busy hanging out with various friends, doing family things, and trying to recharge for January. Since my brother is a social butterfly anyhow, it's understandable that he and my sister will have the car / take the bus a lot. But I'd better have a ride for tomorrow... bonding time at Nathan's rocks! :D

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home